Understanding the art and power of email is essential to developing a powerful and compelling engagement program.
With a focus on advocacy and fundraising, we’ll teach you how to develop, write and manage a high-performing email program that builds community, drives engagement and grows revenue.
This is a practical workshop covering:
- Email best practice
- Digital storytelling and good writing
- Putting your community at the heart of your story
- Writing for web, including landing pages and donation forms
- Running a responsive, targeted email program
- Designing, writing and managing welcome journeys
Who should attend this training?
This training is for communication staff, fundraisers, writers and marketing specialists looking to boost income and drive engagement through email best practice.
Working knowledge of digital communication is expected.
On completion of this training you will have the skills to:
- Write excellent email
- Maximise your organisation's email program to build engagement and support fundraising
- Confidently plan and implement a targeted, segmented email marketing strategy to find new supporters, generate income and build engagement with existing subscribers
- Measure and report what your activities achieve
Tabatha Fulker is Executive Director at OrganiseUs - a digital communication and training agency that works with some of Australia's largest non-profits - and Director of Business Development Australia at Change.org, the world's largest social change platform. Tabatha is an experienced journalist and former lecturer in media at Monash University.
Tabatha gives expert advice to dozens of the country’s leading non-profits on their email programs, digital strategy, supporter acquisition, fundraising and engagement.
Tabatha will break down the anatomy of running an excellent email program, including: good email writing; crafting compelling stories; moving people to action; targeting and segmentation; onboarding; building community; conversion; acquisition; and writing for fundraising.
What to bring
This is a hands-on training practical training. Please bring a laptop, notepad and pen. Lunch is NOT included in the ticket price.
Want to come, but you volunteer for a community campaign with little or no budget?
We love people who volunteer for great progressive causes! Email email@example.com by Monday 26th June to discuss the cause you volunteer for and we'll see what we can do!